* You can now hide boosts from users you follow, and select accounts to feature on your profile.
* You can now open the profile of the person who boosted or favourited one of your toots from the notifications screen.
* Added links to the web UI for editing your profile and filters on the settings screen.
* Fix a startup crash on old devices.
Toot v1.6 is out!
This release is a collection of smaller features and bugfixes. What is new is:
* It is now possible to approve follower requests for locked accounts in the app.
* Loading and caching timelines has been improved and is now more robust. This should hopefully resolve some rare bugs.
* The profile screen of a user will now list your relationship with them, such as whether you are following each other, or if you have blocked them.
Question for my PDX peeps. Would you enjoy a bot that posted satellite images of the PNW as the NOAA sats pass overhead? I think there would be ~6 posts a day. They'd probably look similar to what I posted here with hopefully fewer errors:
I picked up an Intel NUC 6 at work to experiment on. I'm really impressed with the build quality and performance given the price. If you're working with raspberry pis and considering an SSD addon for it to boost speed don't bother and get NUC. The SSD performance is 7x that of the rpi with SATA board I've tested and the cost comes out to about the same with a case.
This weekend I had my 1st successful capture and decode of a NOAA satellite pass. I captured it on a handheld Yagi antenna. The doppler shift was corrected in real-time using Orbitron and the audio was processed in WXtoIMG.
LRPT has a pleasant, IMO, sound with a 2khz tone and kind of a tic-toc in the background.
Here's a link to some of the captured audio: https://send.firefox.com/download/b2037ad57c/#CjDNmX-QAAQZRlwIekdDAw
A Fan-Made Trailer for The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, 2019 Edition https://kottke.org/19/03/a-fan-made-trailer-for-the-fresh-prince-of-bel-air-2019-edition
Was Captain America's Beard Made Out of Hawkeye's Side Hair? An Investigation https://www.portlandmercury.com/blogtown/2019/03/15/26155228/was-captain-americas-beard-made-out-of-hawkeyes-side-hair-an-investigation
Salt, fat, acid and Samin https://news.streetroots.org/2019/03/08/salt-fat-acid-and-samin
Today I finished migrating all of Panic's websites over to nginx. panic.com had 15+ years of accumulated .htaccess files, weird php scripts and obscure apache features. It took a couple of weeks but its all done and apache is now retired. fwiw nginx with php-fpm is serving the same load with a much smaller memory footprint.
👀 An update on the next version of Coda. https://panic.com/next/
Programmer on the iOS games Blackbar and Grayout. I do DevOps at Panic.
🚴 🐝 🍔 🕹